Menarys Retail Limited is a Northern Irish based company. At Menarys, we are committed to ensuring the protection of your privacy. Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website or shopping in our stores, we assure you that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This page should be checked from time to time as Menarys may change this policy by updating this page. Should you have any questions or queries about our privacy practices, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What information do we collect?
We will only collect information about you if you willingly provide it. This will generally occur in the following circumstances:
- When you make a purchase with us at Menarys.com we gather personal information about you (including your name, email address, contact number and billing/shipping address). We also keep a record of this purchase.
- This personal information does not include your payment card details. When you make a purchase these are collected by an external online payment provider. This means that we do not hold or store this type of personal information.
- When you create a wedding list with us, with consent, we may gather the name and email address of both you and your partner, as well as the date and venue of your wedding, a contact number and details of shipping address. If you make a purchase from a wedding gift list registered with us, we will collect the same personal information as if you were making an ordinary purchase from our company.
- When you create an account with Menarys.com we may gather, your name, email address and a default delivery address. We keep this information for our own records, but it is also used to make your checkout experience faster.
- When you contact us through email@example.com we will hold your email address. This allows us to keep track of any problems or concerns you may have with our services.
- If you sign up in store to become one of our RewardMe customers, we will gather personal information about you, including your name, contact details, address and date of birth. This is so we can send you personalised information about your RewardMe account, and give you the rewards you are entitled to. We may also analyse your purchase history to provide you with relevant and personalised offers, information and advice, to help you choose products that are right for you.
- When you enter a competition with us, we may ask for a name, address and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- If you subscribe to our mailing list (via email or text) we will take your email address/phone number. This can be obtained when you sign up to the newsletter on our website, if you are a RewardMe customer, if you enter a competition or if you opt-in when you make a purchase in store. In all of these cases, we will obtain your consent before adding you to our mailing list. At all times you have the right to unsubscribe from these communications and can do so by clicking the link within the email/text message.
- With consent, we will take your name and contact details (email or phone number) when you make an appointment with any of our in store services, or if you make an order for a product in store. This is to allow us to contact you with any updates/changes.
- In Menarys stores, CCTV is used for security reasons however the footage will only be used when needed as evidence. All footage recorded on CCTV, if not being used for an investigation, will be destroyed.
How do we use personal info?
Service and business-related purposes for which we process data:
- To provide you with information about our products and services.
- To provide goods and services to you.
- For our own records (business reports and analysis).
- To manage any registered accounts that you hold with us.
- To make a tailored website available to you & make your checkout journey quicker.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data?
The reasons why we may process your personal information in any of the above ways are:
- When it is in the pursuit of our legitimate interests;
- To fulfil a contract we have with you;
- When it is our legal duty; or
- When you consent to it.
Our legitimate interests may be: (i) Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers; (ii) promoting, advertising and marketing our products and services; (iii) sending promotional communications, including administering our RewardMe scheme; (iv) handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes; or (v) fulfilling our duties to customers. They will not unfairly go against your rights and freedoms.
When do we share personal data?
We will treat personal data confidentially and will not sell, trade or rent your personal data to others. We will never pass it on to any of our concessions. If they have promotional information to send out we will not give them the contact details of our customers, and instead we will send out the information for them.
When you make an online purchase, we will share your name, phone number and address with our delivery couriers. This is to ensure that your purchase is delivered, and allows the courier to contact you in relation to your delivery, e.g. delivery time.
We may also share your information with the following third parties;
- IT-assist companies who assist us to run Menarys.com efficiently.
- Marketing Platforms to be able to deliver our promotional material with you.
- Facebook to provide you with targeted advertising material.
How do we secure personal data?
Menarys recognises the importance of protecting your personal information and we take care to meet our legal duties. We put in place all reasonable technical, security and procedural controls required to protect your personal information for the whole of its life, in whatever format we hold that information in.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We will not hold your personal data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. If you have subscribed to our mailing list to receive marketing materials, we will keep your data until you unsubscribe or request it to be removed. There will always be a link for doing so provided at the end of all emails or text messages.
If you make an online purchase, we will retain the information regarding this order for as long as is necessary to process this and keep our records up to date.
Where personal data is stored on paper, this will be destroyed by shredding. Where it is stored electronically, it will be erased from the system.
Your rights in relation to personal data:
You have the following rights in respect of the personal data we hold on you:
- Right of Access – you have the right to find out, and access, the personal data we hold about you, free of charge.
- Right to Rectification – you have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – you have the right to have your data erased from our records.
- Right to Restriction – you have the right to restrict the use of your data to particular uses. For example, you could prevent your data being used for marketing purposes only.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent for, or object to the collection of your data if we have no overriding legitimate interest.
The above rights can all be exercised by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office – if you have a complaint about our handling of your data, we would encourage you to get in touch with us at email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)28 8772 3467. However, if our assistance is not sufficient, you retain the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For information about the cookies used on our website, please read our Cookies Policy. We ensure that the cookies we use are not harmful to your device and they do not allow us to access personal information about you. They are simply a method of allowing us to personalise your browsing experience and provide you with the best possible service.
Linking to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about how Menarys uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Write to us at: Menarys Ltd, Alexander House, Main Road, Moygashel, Dungannon, County Tyrone BT71 7QS; or
- Phone us on: +44 (0)28 8772 3467.